Storytelling Meeting
Tonight I went to the Aggie Storytelling Association Meeting and we told stories for an hour. It was a lot of fun. It was very interactive and not formal at all. We started the meeting by one of the officers telling us a story about a princess trying to find her mate and the three brothers who are in pursuit of them. It was a funny story in the end. After she told her story she sat down with us and opened the floor for anyone who wanted to tell a story. Before I knew it my big mouth opened and I ended up telling four or five stories before the night was over. It was a lot of fun and I am more than likely going to join the organization. I also won the door prize which consisted of me getting to pick a children’s book from a pile. I told everyone there that there isn’t many majors who would get this excited about getting a children’s book as a door prize besides education and tell me tell them boy was I excited? I got a book by the author of Because of Winn Dixie. I am excited to read it and it will probably end up being one of my outside reading books. Overall it was a fun experience and we all in a way became authors of our own oral stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment