Conclusion to Creative Writing: Worst Day Ever
The ten year old was comfy in the middle with plenty of room for her legs to be fully extended. However, mine were cramped and about to be Indian style. I didn’t know what to do, my body was aching and my legs were getting closer and closer to my body. Eddie just kept on driving faster and faster. Before I knew it my legs were up underneath my bottom. And two bumps in the water later I was screaming STOP for real! I had begun to cry and have a panic attack all at once. Finally Eddie and the cousins realized I wasn’t yelling stop for fun anymore that I was crying and really wanted to stop! What seemed like hours later (probably 30 seconds), he stopped and I immediately felt like a baby. My heart was racing and I thought for sure I was having a heart attack. I freaked out and forgot all about my back because my heart felt like it was going to explode.
Slowly we rode into the deck where the remaining family that hadn’t gone on the relaxing boat was waiting, watching us realizing something was wrong. Thankfully, one of Patrick’s aunts is a nurse. She walked me into the house, got me some water and grapes and took my heart rate. It had slowed back to normal. By this time I was so embarrassed that I had caused such a scene for my heart which was perfectly fine. I didn’t dare tell them I couldn’t move off the couch. For the rest of the day I sat on the couch moving only when I needed to.
Slowly we rode into the deck where the remaining family that hadn’t gone on the relaxing boat was waiting, watching us realizing something was wrong. Thankfully, one of Patrick’s aunts is a nurse. She walked me into the house, got me some water and grapes and took my heart rate. It had slowed back to normal. By this time I was so embarrassed that I had caused such a scene for my heart which was perfectly fine. I didn’t dare tell them I couldn’t move off the couch. For the rest of the day I sat on the couch moving only when I needed to.
Sunday morning was the worst. I couldn’t get out of bed. I couldn’t tell anyone this so I slowly pulled myself out of the bed and realized something really was wrong. The rest of Sunday I did nothing but move slowly from one chair to the other and lower myself into each one. Each time someone asked me what was wrong I just insisted I was sore. Later that night we packed up and headed back to Bluefield where my family was staying with my Granny. The rest of my trip was full of pain and misery. What could possibly be wrong with me? Granny blamed mom and said she never should have let me go, and mom just told me I was sore and I would be fine in a couple of days.
She was wrong. Two months later, two days before moving into my dorm as a freshman at Texas A&M, I finally convinced her something really was wrong and that I needed to go to a doctor just to put my mind at rest before venturing out on my own as a college student. We went to the doctor and got it X-rayed. The doctor came in with a solemn face, put my x-ray on the wall and said so matter of fact, “Your back is broken.” I was in shock! How had I been walking? How had I been doing anything at all!? He showed me on the x-ray where the bones had done a domino effect when my legs came under me and how my bones had squished all my discs which keep your back bones from rubbing against each other. I was horrified. My mom felt awful for doubting me and now believes me anytime I tell her something is hurting or wrong with me.
Two days later I moved into my third story dorm and realized I had never been in so much pain in my life. I took physical therapy for a couple of months and that helped. However, still to this day, when the weather changes I know. And if I do something too strenuous I have no back. Crazy to think, I am twenty one years old and have already thrown out my back two times. One fun weekend on the lake turned into a lifetime of pain.
She was wrong. Two months later, two days before moving into my dorm as a freshman at Texas A&M, I finally convinced her something really was wrong and that I needed to go to a doctor just to put my mind at rest before venturing out on my own as a college student. We went to the doctor and got it X-rayed. The doctor came in with a solemn face, put my x-ray on the wall and said so matter of fact, “Your back is broken.” I was in shock! How had I been walking? How had I been doing anything at all!? He showed me on the x-ray where the bones had done a domino effect when my legs came under me and how my bones had squished all my discs which keep your back bones from rubbing against each other. I was horrified. My mom felt awful for doubting me and now believes me anytime I tell her something is hurting or wrong with me.
Two days later I moved into my third story dorm and realized I had never been in so much pain in my life. I took physical therapy for a couple of months and that helped. However, still to this day, when the weather changes I know. And if I do something too strenuous I have no back. Crazy to think, I am twenty one years old and have already thrown out my back two times. One fun weekend on the lake turned into a lifetime of pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment