Wednesday, February 13, 2008

W4. B2.

Creative Writing: The Worst Day Ever Continued...

Patrick and the adults were all going for a ride on the big slow boat and it sounded great to be sitting on the boat relaxing, not on a Jet Ski or speed boat. However, his little sister, Stacey was bound and determined that I was going to go tubing with them. Stacey and her two cousins wanted to go in the tube where you actually sit in the tube with your legs out in front, not to mention they wanted to be pulled by Patrick’s older red neck brother, Eddie on a Jet Ski. I should have known better, but I only agreed to go because I was going to sit on the back of the Jet Ski and tell Eddie when they wanted to stop, slow down, go faster, etc. However, Stacey decided at the last minute (once the relaxing boat was gone) that she wanted to sit on the Jet Ski and her two cousins and I would be in the tube. UGH! What was I going to do!? I had no other option.

I got into the tube nervously. What was I going to do? Here I am with a ten and twelve year old that are so excited and I’m the eighteen year old scared out of my mind. I should have been in the middle because I was the tallest and so my legs needed the most space but of course the ten year old was semi-scared and wanted to be in the middle as to not fall out into the lake. I took my place on the outer right side and said a little prayer…off we went.
Before I knew it I was screaming at the top of my lungs to STOP! I was laughing, but I was so scared I was just screaming stop for the heck of it. I really just wanted him to slow down. We were flying through the water bouncing up and down going this way and that. I thought for sure I was going to die.


stay tuned for the conclusion...

No comments: