Wednesday, March 5, 2008

W7. B3. Children's Books


Children’s Books

I love Scholastic book orders. They will more than likely be the reason why I go broke some day. Today was got our February order in and I was in heaven. Since last Thursday, the day we lost my grandpa I haven’t exactly been in the best of moods and the weather wasn’t helping, plus being behind in school, etc. but the day we get our book orders, I feel nothing could go wrong. I know, I know- pretty lame but I can’t help it! I love children’s books. Today when I got home from class I made an excel spreadsheet with the title, author, illustrator and synopsis of each book so I could find each book easily and know what each one was about. I bought picture books, early readers, all the way to chapter books children wouldn’t read till 5th grade. The more children’s books I read and learn about the more excited I get about teaching little kids. I can hardly wait! I can start subbing next semester and I know my knowledge of children’s literature will be of great help.

No comments: